Hi! Have you found a moment to capture? I have chosen a moment in which a couple has been shopping and sees different things in the item they are examining. It is obvious that they see life differently, not just the item. Yet love overcomes the brewing argument, giving me a glimpse of a beautiful moment.
Following the criteria in Part 2, here is what I found:
- What is happening? They are having a discussion with disagreement about an item.
- What is the underlying emotion? Frustration, then love
- Is it an emotion that others can relate to? Yes, as individuals, we all have individual temperaments that bring both frustration and love.
- Can the moment tell a story? Yes. The story is in how they handle the disagreement.
- Is there an interaction that others can identify with? Yes. We all shop, and we all have disagreements with those we love.
So, having identified the depth of the moment, how did I put it into a poem? It became a poem called “The Artist and the Scientist”, in my book Orphan Dreams.
In the next part I will post a copy of “The Artist and the Scientist”. Meanwhile, have YOU found those moments? Care to share them? (No I won’t use your ideas in my own poetry…)